Tel Aviv to Eilat
If you are looking how to get from Tel-Aviv to Eilat, want to know what to expect and looking for some accommodation – you nailed it! that’s what this article is all about.
Background About Eilat
The city of Eilat was founded at 1951 and since then is growing rapidly. Eilat is the southeast city of Israel and is located at the northern tip of the Red Sea, on the Gulf of Aqaba.
The city is known for all year around hot weather, crystal clear water, swimming with dolphins and a lot of water sports activities. The city’s beaches, amazing coral reef, nightlife and desert landscapes make it a very popular destination for domestic and international tourism.
How to get to Eilat for Tel Aviv
As Eilat is rather popular getting to the city is rather easy and can be done in the following options –
- Taking a direct flight from Ben Gurion Airport or Sde Dov Airport to Eilat (Fastest)
- Taking an almost direct bus from Tel Aviv central station (Longest but rather cheap)
- Joining a ride through carpool and sharing a ride – http://www.carpool.moovitapp.com or https://www.waze.com/carpool
Flying from Tel Aviv to Eilat
The flight from Tel Aviv to Eilat is a very short one and the total duration is 1 hour.
Taking a bus from Tel Aviv to Eilat
- The ride from Tel-Aviv to Eilat takes approximately 5 to 6 hours by bus.
- The bus company that conducts the rides name “Egged”
- There are multiple locations that you can catch it but best will be to take the bus at the “New Central Station” that is located in South Tel Aviv.
- The price for the ride is 112 NIS or ~$29
- During the ride, there are normally two stops for bathroom needs and food
- More information in English about booking tickets – http://www.egged.co.il/Articles-1423-Book-Tickets-Online.aspx